Yes, the Bible is accurate and large portions of the Bible have now been proven to be historically accurate through recent archaeological discoveries. The following is a list of events and places substantiated by recent archaeology:
- The Great Flood – traces of a catastrophic flood under the desert sands dating to about 4000 B.C.
- Noah’s Ark – Fernand Navarra from France in 1955 discovered timber from the beam of a great ship embedded in solid ice on top of Mt Ararat. The timber was at least 4000 years old.
- The Kingdom of Mari – A kingdom from Abraham’s time, dug up in 1933 on the banks of the Euphrates.
- Lot’s wife and the judgement of Sodom – Pillars of salt at Jebel Usdum, the Dead Sea and the Great Fissure, and submerged forest in the Dead Sea.
- Details of seven years of famine during Potiphar’s reign when Joseph was in Egypt.
- A story in an Egyptian prince’s tomb of slave labour, plagues and a deliverer MS (Moses) found in bullrushes.
- Solomon’s copper mines rediscovered. Also his horse stables unearthed at Megiddo.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls – 1947 Qumran.
There are many more discoveries, but these are a few confirming the historic facts or scripture.